Sunday, February 22, 2009

Florida's Fantastic Flora and Fauna Revisited















Well, if this won't get everyone from up north down for a visit, I don't know what will! A couple weeks ago I was driving to church one evening when I saw a strange animal perched on a rock on the side of a pond. At first glance, I thought it was a fox. But then, I immediately realized that it was a cat, and much too large to be a housecat. I pulled off to the side of the road and ran back for a closer look at the bobcat. I didn't have my camera available, so instead I chose to use a picture from Google Images.















Officer? There's a great blue heron on top of my house! This is actually not an altogether uncommon site in Florida. Animals and humans live in close proximity to each other, and one regularly sees this type of phenomenon from one's doorstep. I'm sure Dad wouldn't mind one of these on the roof of his house, as long as it wouldn't fly over him!
















Perhaps my brothers (or Father) can help me to identify this hawk... they were ever-so-helpful with my first post. :^)
















Two turkey vultures mating on the same roof upon which the heron had alighted earlier.















A picture of a largemouth bass at a nearby lake.















A picture of a fisherman catching a largemouth bass. Taken from across the lake. Not a bad catch by the looks of it, is it?

1 comment:

  1. The pirated bobcat has convinced me, even if the vultures nearly put me off! I'll come right away. Will you order another bobcat for next week? As for the again unidentified hawk, I warn you, Curt may call it a mourning dove...

    ReplyDelete